For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the GDPR), the Company is the controller of the personal data it processes about you. Each of our individual companies is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This policy sets out how we collect, process, store and protect your personal data.
This policy applies to customers, users of our Website, and those who make enquiries with us, from whom we process personal data.
2 How we collect your personal data
We collect personal data from you when we engage with you, whether it be in person, on the phone or via email. We also collect information when you use the Website.
The personal data we collect from you may include:
● your name, address, telephone number(s) and email address;
● CCTV images if you attend our premises where we use CCTV recording (see under "CCTV" below).
● information about your transactions with us,
We also receive your name and email address from talk talk which hosts our wifi when you sign up to use WIFI in one of our venues.
3 How we use your personal data
We use your personal data in the following ways:
● to communicate with you by phone, email and post;
● to ensure that the content of the Website is presented to you effectively;
● to provide you with our services during and following your relationship with us and in order to obtain feedback from you about our services and your experience with us.
4 Our legal basis for processing
We process your personal data on the basis that it is necessary for the following purposes:
● for the performance of any contract that we enter into with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, such as when you wish to reserve a space at one of our pubs or our bowling lanes;
● for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring that we provide you with the best service possible in all our interactions with you, which if you are a customer may include providing you with information about our services which may be of interest to you;
● for compliance with any legal obligation to which we are subject. We may send emails to customers in relation to services which we think they may be interested in, based on our knowledge of their previous use of our services. For example, if you have reserved a table at one of our bars or played on one of our bowling lanes, we may send you special offers relating to those things. Where we wish to send you marketing emails that are unrelated to the services you have previously used, we will first obtain your consent for us to do so. Please note that you are able to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details provided in the contact and complaints section below. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that was carried out based on your consent prior to it being withdrawn.
5 Sharing your personal data
We only share your personal data with third parties where it is necessary for us to do so in order to fulfil our obligations to you under our contract, or where we are required to do so in order to comply with a regulatory or legal provision. We will never sell your personal data for direct marketing. The circumstances in which we may share your personal data with other third parties includes:
● where we use a provider of services, for example in relation to our computer systems or programmes which we use for our business operations
● using security companies to monitor the CCTV we use at some of our sites; and ● where we share your personal data with our professional advisers such as insurers and lawyers.
We may use CCTV monitoring and recording on some of our sites for security, crime prevention, health and safety and performance monitoring. Wherever CCTV is in operation you will be notified of this via appropriate signage. The CCTV is monitored and administered by the Company.
CCTV images which contain personal data are retained for a period of 30 days, unless there is a specific requirement to retain them. The images are recorded for our internal use and will not be shared with any other third parties except where required for a specific reason.
7 Transfers of your personal data
The personal data that we collect from you will not ordinarily be transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
However, if we do need to transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that any such transfer is made securely and that there is adequate protection in place in order to protect your personal data. Please contact us if you wish to find out more; if we ever transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA you can ask us for a copy of the relevant safeguards implemented in relation to the transfer.
8 How long we will retain your personal data
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out at section 4 above. This may vary depending on the personal data we process about you and the purpose of our processing. We expect that we will retain personal for up to six (6) years following the end of our relationship with you.
9 Changes to this policy
10 Other websites
11 Your rights
Your personal data is protected under data protection laws and you have a number of rights (explained below) which you can seek to exercise. Please contact us using the details provided in the contact and complaints section below if you have any queries in relation to your rights.
If you seek to exercise your rights we will explain to you whether or not the right applies to you; these rights do not apply in all circumstances.
● Right of access – You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you upon request. This is known as a "Data Subject Access Request". You can exercise this right by making a request in writing or by email using the contact details in the contact and complaints section below.
● Right of rectification – You can ask us to correct or update your personal data to ensure it is accurate and complete.
● Right to erasure and right to restrict processing – You can ask us to stop processing and/or to delete your personal data in certain circumstances (for example, where it is processed without your consent, or it is no longer necessary for us to process it).
● Right to data portability – You have a right to ask us to provide you with your personal data in a form that suits you, and/or to provide your information to a third party.
● Right to object – You have a right to object to our processing of your personal data.
● Profiling and automated decisions – You have a right not to be subject to automated decisions which have a legal effect and to be protected by safeguards in respect of any profiling. We do not undertake any automated decision making or profiling.
● Right to object to direct marketing – Where you have consented to receive direct marketing, you can change your mind at any time by contacting us or following the link to "unsubscribe" provided in each email we send to you. Please allow a few days for us to action your request.
12 Contact and Complaints